- Employment Insurance
- Employment Insurance Reference Codes for OTsPosted 4 days ago
ETFO has just released an updated Member's Guide to Employment Insurance to help assist with EI questions for all members. Click here to download the Guide.
The Service Canada Reference Code…
- Understanding Regulation 274/12 an ETFO guide
- Understanding Regulation 274/12 an ETFO guidePosted 8 days ago
Ontario Regulation 274/12 was filed by the provincial government on September 11,2012 under the Education Act. The regulation establishes steps all publicly funded school boards are required to follow when hiring…
- Writing Report Cards: Guidelines for LTOs
- Writing Report Cards: Guidelines for LTOsPosted 11 days ago
Assessment and evaluation is the responsibility of the teacher who has delivered the classroom instruction. The TDSB has published recommended guidelines to assist Occasional Teachers in understanding expectations around writing…
- Provincial ETFO enewsletter
- Provincial ETFO eNewsletterPosted 15 days ago
We encourage all our Elementary Occasional Teacher members to sign up for the ETFO eNewsletter. To do this...go to the ETFO site http://www.etfo.on.ca/ , go to the eNewsletter email sign…
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the GovernmentPosted 30 days ago
For an overview of how the ETFO MOU impacts TDSB Occasional Teachers please refer to the Newsletter section of the website and access the October 2013 Newsletter. To see the…
- Onsite ETFO-AQ Kindergarten, Part 1 in Toronto December 6, 2013
This is an on-site course held in Toronto which will provide members with the opportunity for face-to-face learning, as well as an on-line component. Click here for details.
- The labour movement is about more than just decent jobs and wages December 6, 2013
Watch for these ads on the following television networks and check out fairnessworks.ca to learn more about some of the benefits that unions deliver, for everyone. If you like what you see, tweet about it with #FairnessWorks. CTV and CTV2, Global (O...
- ETFO Provincial Standing Committees: Now accepting applications December 6, 2013
Here’s your chance to become involved at the committee level of the Federation and provide your perspective and expertise in the development of provincial policies, positions, programs, and initiatives. Click here to see an outline of the committees....
- Keep your OT profile up to date November 30, 2013
If you have recently taken an AQ course make sure you contact the TDSB Occasional Teaching department and let them know so your profile can be as up to date and accurate as possible. This can lead to you receiving more work offers from the SFE system i...
- ETFO Membership cards/Edvantage November 24, 2013
If you have not received or have misplaced your ETFO Membership Card/Edvantage or have questions about this, please contact the ETFO Provincial office at 416 962-3836
Important Contract Clauses
“Long Term Occasional Teacher” shall mean an Occasional Teacher who is employed for a period of 10 or more consecutive school days as a substitute for one teacher.