- ETFO Occasional Teachers and ETT response to the TDSB Review
- ETFO 2015 Summer Academy CoursesPosted 10 hours ago
ETFO’S Summer Academy 2015 is here!! Registration is now open. These 40 three-day professional learning courses are offered in partnership between locals and the provincial office throughout July and August.…
- Employment Insurance
- Summer 2015 EI Reference Codes for OTsPosted 2 days ago
The Service Canada Reference Code for New Regular EI Applications for the period of June 19, 2015 until July 24, 2015 school-related intake is:
Employees who need to file EI claims before the…
- May 22 Annual Meeting
- May 21 Annual MeetingPosted 6 days ago
At your Local's May 21 Annual Meeting the 2015-16 budget (click here) was passed and a constitutional amendment to reduce the Local levy for the 2015-16 school year was also…
- Collective Bargaining Update
- Collective Bargaining UpdatePosted 2 weeks ago
ETFO Statement Regarding Central Table Bargaining
May 11, 2015
Here is a statement from Sam Hammond, President of the Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario.
"The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario returned to…
- Building Better Schools
- Building Better Schools – ETFO’s Agenda Will …Posted 4 weeks ago
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) Building Better Schools agenda aims to build a better learning environment for all students, including those with special needs.
Building Better Schools- the ETFO…
- Respect Public Education protests on June 6 and June 13: Bus Transportation May 27, 2015
On Saturday June 6, 2015, the Ontario Liberal Party will be holding their Annual General Meeting in Blue Mountain. ETFO is organizing free bus transportation for members to get on the bus and attend the protests and rally at Blue Mountain. Let's show...
- Resignation of Executive-at-Large Member Natalie Kandaharian May 27, 2015
It is with reluctance that your Local has accepted the resignation of Executive-at-Large member Natalie Kandaharian. On behalf of your entire Executive and the membership I would like to thank Natalie for her time on the 2014-15 Executive and her ...
- Upcoming Events in May/June May 25, 2015
Please check the Upcoming Events page on the website to see everything offered to members over the next month. Below is a list of some of the fabulous offerings. Happy Teaching to everyone! May 28- Yoga for you and your students June 1- An Evening wi...
- TDSB JUNE 5 PA Day-Status Quo for LTOs May 19, 2015
The Professional Activity Day on Friday June 5 in the TDSB will remain a PD day for teachers to work on assessment and evaulation. All teachers continue to have the option to work from their own chosen location on this day. The ETFO Work-to-Rule has no...
- Keep your Occasional Teaching Profile up to date May 14, 2015
If you have recently taken an AQ course make sure you contact the TDSB Occasional Teaching department and let them know so your profile can be as up to date and accurate as possible. This can lead to you receiving more work offers from the SFE system i...
Important Contract Clauses
“Long Term Occasional Teacher” shall mean an Occasional Teacher who is employed for a period of 10 or more consecutive school days as a substitute for one teacher.