- Employment Insurance
- Summer Break EI Reference Codes for OTsPosted 29 days ago
The Service Canada Reference Code for New Regular EI Applications for the period of June 15, 2014 until August 03,2014 school-related intake is:
Employees who need to file EI claims before the Effective…
- Your Local Office is closed for the Summer Break
- Your Local Office is closed for the Summer BreakPosted 33 days ago
The Toronto Occasional Teachers' Local office is closed for the Summer Break. If you have an urgent issue requiring immediate assistance please contact the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario provincial office at…
- Election Results for your 2014-15 Executive
- Your 2014-15 Executive and election resultsPosted 34 days ago
Your 2014-15 Local Executive assumes office as of Aug 15, 2014 as per the Local's Constitution. Here is your incoming Executive:
President: Rob Fulford, First Vice-President: Scott Maudsley, Second Vice-President: Sophie…
- Building Better Schools
- Building Better Schools – ETFO’s Agenda Will Build a Better Learning Environment for All StudentsPosted 42 days ago
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) has released its education agenda to build a better learning environment for all students, including those with special needs.
Building Better Schools- the ETFO…
- Local Donation to the BC Teachers Federation
- Local Donation of $500 to the BC Teachers FederationPosted 66 days ago
British Columbia teachers have gone on strike after years of attempting to engage in fair negotiations with the provincial government there. They are fighting for smaller classes and more support…
- Remembering TDSB Occasional Teacher Abshir Hassan August 1, 2014
Earlier this summer, TDSB Occasional Teacher Abshir Hassan, was killed following a senseless act of violence. Abshir was an integral part of the Lawrence Heights community and worked closely with staff and students at Lawrence Heights MS and Charl...
- Keep your Occasional Teaching Profile up to date July 21, 2014
If you have recently taken an AQ course make sure you contact the TDSB Occasional Teaching department and let them know so your profile can be as up to date and accurate as possible. This can lead to you receiving more work offers from the SFE system i...
- Look for your Local's Summer Newsletter by Canada Post by mid July July 10, 2014
Your Local sends out a summer newsletter package to members via Canada Post. You should be receiving this package in the mail by mid July. All the information mailed, except the pocket calendar, is also posted on your Local's website. Included in...
- Call for ETFO members as Presenters July 8, 2014
ETFO professional development/learning services is seeking members to develop a 90-minute work-shop which will focus on Inquiry-Based Learning for primary/junior divisions. This workshop will be presented in eight ETFO locals across the province during...
- DON'T FORGET-ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT: Occasional Teacher Renewal Process is now available on-line June 26, 2014
The TDSB sent renewal notification instructions to your TDSB email account on May 30 Renewal Process—Deadline Date is June 30, 2014 The annual renewal to remain on the Occasional Teaching Roster for the 2014-2015 school year is now ...
Important Contract Clauses
“Long Term Occasional Teacher” shall mean an Occasional Teacher who is employed for a period of 10 or more consecutive school days as a substitute for one teacher.