- ETFO Workshops and Conferences
- Local General Meeting…Important Date Change to November 24!Posted 2 days ago
The Local General Meeting has been moved to Monday November 24 at Armour Heights PS due to an urgent ETFO Provincial Information Session on November 27. Dinner will be provided…
- Your March Newsletter package
- Your October Newsletter packagePosted 1 week ago
Click on the links below to view all the documents that are contained in the October newsletter package that has been mailed to your home address from your Local via Canada Post. You should receive…
- Professional Learning Subsidies for OTs
- Professional Learning Subsidies for OTs..up to $150 from your Local!Posted 3 weeks ago
Have you taken an ETFO Additional Qualifications course? Attended an ETFO workshop or conference or Summer Academy? If so you are eligible for up to $150 per member per school…
- Your Local Office is closed for the Summer Break
- Welcome Back to the 2014-15 School YearPosted 2 months ago
Your Local Executive welcomes back all TDSB Elementary Occasional Teachers! May you enjoy a positive and productive school year ahead. Please feel free to contact your Local office anytime if…
- Employment Insurance
- Summer Break EI Reference Codes for OTsPosted 3 months ago
The Service Canada Reference Code for New Regular EI Applications for the period of June 15, 2014 until August 03,2014 school-related intake is:
Employees who need to file EI claims before the Effective…
- 2014-15 TDSB OT Handbook is now available on-line October 24, 2014
The 2014-15 TDSB OT Handbook can be found on the TDSB website and on the Local's website under Documents and Directives. This is a very useful and informative tool for Occasional Teachers in the TDSB. We encourage you to review this document.
- ETFO reduces union fees for members October 2, 2014
Just to let everyone know a small bit of good news... your ETFO union dues are reduced by 12.5% this year. You will pay 1.4% of your gross salary in dues to ETFO instead of 1.6%. You should notice this immediately on your Sep 25, 2014 pay slip. This fe...
- Keep your Occasional Teaching Profile up to date October 1, 2014
If you have recently taken an AQ course make sure you contact the TDSB Occasional Teaching department and let them know so your profile can be as up to date and accurate as possible. This can lead to you receiving more work offers from the SFE system i...
- TDSB Days of Significance September 23, 2014
TDSB Days of Significance: October is: Women's History Month and Islamic Heritage Month Oct 4 - Yom Kippur (Judaism) Oct 4 - Dasara (Hinduism) Oct 4-7 - Eid al Adha (Islam) Oct 5 - World Teachers' Day Oct 23 - Diwali (Hiduism, Jain, Sikhism) **S...
- Were you denied EI by Service Canada over the summer? September 15, 2014
Your Local would like to hear from you if you were told by Service Canada that you were not eligible for EI because you are enrolled in the Benefits plan of the TDSB. It this is so you have the right to request a reconsideration of Service Canada's dec...
Important Contract Clauses
“Long Term Occasional Teacher” shall mean an Occasional Teacher who is employed for a period of 10 or more consecutive school days as a substitute for one teacher.