- Nomination Form for positions on the 2017-2018 ETFO – Toronto OT Local Executive
- Nomination Form for positions on the 2017-201…Posted 1 week ago
Deadline for nomination forms is at 4:00 pm on February 13th, 2017. The forms must be sent by Canada Post mail only to the Elections Officer.
***Please read and follow the…
- February General Meeting 2017
- February General Meeting 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
The 2017 February General Meeting will be at the Holiday Inn - Yorkdale.
Thursday February 23, 2017
Holiday Inn - Yorkdale
3450 Dufferin Street
The meeting and light dinner will be in Dehavilland Hall
- Important!!!: Changes to SmartFindExpress
- Important!!! Changes to SmartFindExpressPosted 2 months ago
Important: Changes to SmartFindExpress
There are two changes to SFE which will be taking place that will affect all users of the web version of SFE.
Effective Monday, November 28, 2016, our…
- Our Member Survey is Live!
- Member Survey is Live! Deadline is Feb. 28, 2…Posted 2 months ago
Toronto Occasional Teachers Local Survey Deadline is February 28, 2017 by 11:58am
Calling Toronto OT Local members! Please take 10 minutes to make your concerns known to the Local. The Local…
- Addressing the Recent Incidents of Racism and Hate in our City
- Addressing the Recent Incidents of Racism and…Posted 2 months ago
Addressing the Recent Incidents of Racism and Hate in our City
Friday, November 18, 2016
Message from Chair Robin Pilkey and Director of Education John Malloy
Over the past few days, a number of…
- February General Meeting 2017 December 20, 2016 The 2017 February General Meeting will be at the Holiday Inn – Yorkdale. Thursday February 23, 2017 Holiday Inn – Yorkdale 3450 Dufferin Street The meeting and light dinner will be in Dehavilland Hall Light Meal will be available from 4:30pm 5:00 – 7:30 pm Approval of Minutes and Agenda President’s Report By-Election Delegate Elections (10) to ETFO Annual Meeting Treasurer’s Report Committee Reports Speeches by Executive ...
- Important!!! Changes to SmartFindExpress November 25, 2016 Important: Changes to SmartFindExpress There are two changes to SFE which will be taking place that will affect all users of the web version of SFE. Effective Monday, November 28, 2016, our SFE vendor will install the CAPTCHA tool (screen capture below) to test if the system is being accessed by a computer or human. Text is ...
- Highlights of the Local Tentative Settlement October 4, 2016 On March 4, 2016 your Local Chief Negotiator, Scott Maudsley and your Local Collective Bargaining team of Rob Fulford, Sophie Kroesen, Christina Meynell and Marion Mutton completed bargaining with the TDSB. The following items were addressed as local issues – outside of central bargaining which was completed on November 2, 2015. Please click on the link ...
- Professional Judgment September 28, 2016 Understanding Professional Judgement Professional judgement is an important concept for educators. For the first time it is now defined in our new central agreement. Section C. 2.5 of the Teacher/ Occasional Teacher Central Agreement reads as follows: “Professional Judgement” shall be defined as judgement that is informed by professional knowledge of curriculum expectations, context, evidence of learning, ...
- New Daily Rates September 26, 2016 Daily Rate for occasional teachers in their first year of teaching: 0-99 days $216.61 Daily Rate for occasional teachers with 100+ days: $238.28
Important Contract Clauses
- Article 28.2.0. The Timetable for an Occasional Teacher shall be the same as the timetable of the Teacher being replaced.